June 28, 2013

Everyday Florentine Beauty

I find some of the most mundane items here are ornate and crafted with great care. These things can be found almost anywhere in the world, I suppose. What's different here in the City Center of Florence is that everything is beautifully made.


A grate on the sidewalk. 
These are everywhere. I think they were to tie up your horse. They are very high on the wall, perhaps so that others could walk under. And yes, phallic symbols are as common as the nudes. 

Door knob. 
Andrea and Jerry this one reminded me of your photos of Florence. The doors here could be a study all their own. 
It seems every building I walk past has a secret, hidden interior. 


The hardware on this door is taller than me. The door is tall and wide enough for an airplane. 





No comments:

Post a Comment