June 18, 2013

Russ Kendall of Gusto Pizza at his oven

I have visited Gusto Pizza at the Bellingham Saturday Market several times now. Russ runs it with his lovely wife, Therese (say Ter-ez) Landry.  I am in love with their wood fired artisan pizza and order mine gluten free. They don't advertise gluten free because they cannot prevent cross contamination, but my intolerance can tolerate that. Thank goodness too. Russ, a former professional photographer for the Bellingham Herald transitioned his career into crafting pizza because he loves to cook and feed people and it shows. The day I took this photo Russ was trying out an authentic Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese. He had to charge more, but wasn't charging enough to cover his cost.  He had to do it anyway. He had to buy it and serve it. That's the kind of true food artisan I want making my pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment